Confidential Coaching for new IT Leaders, Lifelong Learners & Enablers
Leadership coaching for IT people? Of course! 17+ years of IT experience have proven to me again and again that when problems arise, it is rarely because of technology or methodology.
Software is created by people for people. These people, with all their facets, have to be in the focus.
3 Great Reasons for Coaching
You are a leader for some time already or maybe you just realised that you are a thought leader in your community. There is something what holds you back and do not let you shine as bright as you are supposed to… If something bad had happened to you, you have two options: to let it define you or not.
You decide who you are and what is your story.
You are new to a leadership position. Congratulations! Exciting times ahead!!!1 but maybe you feel worried to be good enough… as a leader you have to take care not only of your own performance, but for your employees as well.
As your coach I will be your sparrings partner who gives you unattached feedback and/or holds a mirror. That’s how you improve. This type of sparring is called leadership coaching.
We all have an inner voice that hold us back. In coaching we call it “Saboteur”, “Inner Critic” or “Negative Self Talk”. It’s main job is to preserve the status quo. From my perspective Imposter Syndrom belongs into this category.
In coaching we address and challenge it.
How Leadership Coaching Works?
Work with a professional coach can unlock your potential and set you on a path to thriving personally and professionally. Can. No promises that it will. If a coach promises you results, run!
“n” is agreed number of sessions, “x” is current number of session
What does a leadership coach do?
Coaching is partnering on eye level in a thought-provoking and creative process, but let’s make it clear from the beginning: you will be the one doing the work not your coach.
Me as your coach will fearlessly, but gently address issues that you would rather avoid, e.g. naming hard truth, pointing out blind spots, reminding you to take responsibility. I will guide you to unlock your sleeping power, but in the end it is always your choice. #YouMatter
What exactly I will have to do as a coachee?
- ✧ Create the coaching agenda based on personally meaningful goals
- ✧ Take full responsibility for your own decisions and actions
- ✧ Use the coaching process to promote possibility thinking and fresh perspectives
- ✧ Engage big-picture thinking and problem-solving skills
- ✧ Learn the tools, concepts, models and principles provided by me & engage in effective forward actions
3 benefits of leadership coaching
1. Reflected leaders create healthy work enviroment which influences employee satisfaction, their retention, and ultimately organisation’s success or failure.
2. Awarness of their influence creates aware leaders and increase their Emotional Intelligence.
3. Improved Productivity. Through coaching you unlock your potential, which makes possible for you as a leader to unlock your teams potential.
years in IT
your coach Kris Corbus
Meaningful software development is what I’m passionate about. As your coach, I combine my extensive IT experience – in product development and also consulting – with my expertise as a co-active coach.
“I begin with an idea and then it becomes something else.” Pablo Picasso